@ Global Data Systems
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific projects in one or more business lines from beginning to end and is ultimately responsible for specified deliverables, fully accountable for project profitability, quality execution and customer satisfaction. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but nothing restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time based on varying needs and organizational requirements:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Manages assigned project from original concept through final implementation.
- Liaisons with customer and key constituents to define and manage project scope and objectives.
- Serves as the main point of contact for assigned projects.
- Oversees the project on a daily basis including but not limited to: o Monitoring milestone completion
o Tracking all phases of the project
o Managing change process
o Coordinating actions
o Assuring adherence to company quality and financial objectives and
o Resolving conflicts.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Obtain customer input sign-off of completed deliverables and formal customer acceptance of project completion.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Assures that personnel time on project and progress of their work is tracked correctly and timely.
- Conducts project meetings regularly to review project status, deliverables and deadlines.
- Provides timely reporting of issues that impact project progress to GDS management and key personnel as well as the project customer.
- Prepares informal and formal status reports as necessary to keep all parties informed.
- Coordinates project activities with other organizations to include contractors, subcontractors and related parties.
- May be responsible for multiple projects.
Additional Benefits: Along with getting to work for a great team, GDS also offers the following benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Competitive Compensation
- Other Related Benefits
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Computer Science or equivalent and five years’ experience providing project management or project leadership; including systems and process improvement; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://www.getgds.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 27, 2021
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021