- The Technical Project Manager will support various projects within the Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG) in ensuring the successful delivery of solutions and services.
- This person will work across teams to support their planning activities, to assist in tracking and reporting status, and to coordinate communications and information availability on task areas as assigned.
- This person will work under the guidance of Product, Program, and Delivery Managers to ensure that CGI Federal solutions and services are delivered on schedule, on budget, on scope, and at a high level of quality.
- The ideal candidate is detail oriented; proficient with office automation tools; has strong technical leadership abilities in cyber security, cloud, system architecture, or software development; and is familiar with budget and project tracking and reporting.
- The ideal candidate will also provide proactive, timely, and reliable communications to establish and maintain a transparent work environment at all times.
- The Technical Project Manager is looking to join a global technology leader and a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace the challenge of building large and complex solutions. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, doing whatever it takes to ensure that the ESG team is successful.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project planning: support project setup, tools, standards, and administrative functions
- Task, schedule, quality management: provide hands-on recording, tracking, and reporting for meetings, project activities, and action items. Create work breakdown structure, schedule and budgets.
- Scope control: understand requirements and track them through delivery, use leadership experience to influence work completion across multiple teams.
- Risk management: identify and document risks and issues and escalate key items to senior management.
- Reporting: monitor progress and provide independent reporting of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Financial management: understand basic project financial management. Support the Program Manager and/or senior management on forecasting, financial tracking, and reporting.
- Account management: establish relationships across application development, solution architecture, and shared services teams and work well with geographically dispersed, matrixed teams.
- Process management: assist with the implementation and execution of processes to ensure efficient and effective operations and high quality services and solutions. Identify opportunities to improve process to encourage continuous improvement.
- Communications: preparation of documents, briefings, and other materials needed to support ESG activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years technical project management experience in cloud, security, networks, and/or IT solutions.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability for process innovations and workflow improvements.
- Solid proficiency with MS Office or similar products, including word processing, project management, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with executive, technical, and non-technical persons
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple priorities across a matrixed team.
- Aptitude for problem solving, with an understanding of when to proceed and when to escalate issues.
- Ability to maintain composure and tact under pressure.
- Ability to lead a geographically dispersed and diverse team
- Quick learner with keen research skills.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
- PMP Certification
- FedRAMP Authorization process experience
- Experience supporting Federal Agencies
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Job Type: Full-time