@ Acadiana Planning Commission
If you have considerable experience with municipal, parish, or state governments or in the private sector serving these jurisdictions and want to leverage your technical knowledge, writing, analytical, and presentation skills, commitment to life-long learning, and desire for improving the communities that make up the Acadiana region, then our agency may be your next work home.
As a Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on planning and implementing projects that positively impact the economic, physical, and social well-being of the region.
- The candidate should demonstrate experience and proficiency in planning and project development areas such as small area plans, transportation, watershed and land use analysis, comprehensive plans, and/or federal and state grant-funded projects that garner broad stakeholder and public support.
- Strong data analysis, statistical and forecast analytics, GIS knowledge, excellent communication skills, social media tools/use, and presentation skills are crucial for success in this role.
- You must be able to provide professional and timely feedback to a variety of audiences.
Salary Range: Salary will be commensurate with experience and education
The ideal candidate should also have experience in the development of scopes of work, contracting processes, public engagement, management of consultant teams, review of invoices and reports, in the implementation of planning studies consistent with federal, state, and local requirements. The successful candidate will work independently under the supervision of Director of Community & Economic Development serving a seven-parish region in south Louisiana.
- Degrees in Governmental/Environmental Studies, Planning, Public Administration, or related field will be considered.
- A master’s degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position may require public speaking, attendance of night meetings and travel.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. EOE/AAE.
How to Apply:
Send resume’, salary history, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 02, 2022
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022
Job Type: Full-time