What does this job entail?
The Project Manager will have the ability to develop and maintain overall project goals. They will lead a team on various engineering projects relating to (but not limited to) drainage design, roadway design, construction plan development, specifications, and construction administration; transportation feasibility studies, line and grade studies, basic utility design (i.e. water and sewer), and general drainage design. Projects and tasks will involve the use of various engineering software programs as well as Microsoft Office applications.
Some responsibilities Include:
- Monitor and manage plan, design, and implementation of municipal projects.
- Control financial aspects of the project regarding fees, expenditures, and invoices.
- Coordinate with various entities such as: city, county, regulatory agencies, environmental resource agencies, and elected/appointed government officials with jurisdiction authority over a project.
- Manage projects and coordinate with engineering team and clients on all aspects of project execution.
Business Development & External Communication
- Act as point of contact for clients on proposal development, presentations, and technical issues, ensuring that the highest level of service is provided.
- Attend public meetings, public forums and open-house events to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Provide support and mentor junior level engineers and staff.
- Evaluate performances and provide effective feedback.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar technical degree and at least 5 years of professional experience is required.
- Municipal Engineering Experience a plus.
- PE licensure preferred but not required.
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.fenstermaker.com/about-us/careers/project-manager/
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Application Deadline: February 12, 2021