Duties include managing the development and maintenance of complex program schedules including resource loading and Earned Value Analysis. Individual will help develop the format, tools and tracking/reporting methods to be used as the company refines its Program Planning and Scheduling processes for standardization and enterprise wide resource management. This position also supports the programs in developing plans and integrating inputs from all programs. Qualified candidates will interface with all elements of the program team to develop and support regular maintenance of the program IMS.
- Work with Program Management Office to develop tools and techniques for the creation of standard Integrated Master Schedules that will include standard phases and gates, contract data requirements, materials detail, linkage to a standard work breakdown structure, resource loading, and the capability to perform earned value analysis on complex development programs as well as production programs.
- Perform regular analysis of program schedules to evaluate program and enterprise wide resource needs through the integration of all program schedules including metrics on schedule status, critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis, network logic validation and program baseline maintenance including support of Earned Value Management performance metrics.
- Develop integrated master schedules using SOW and WBS.
- Assist in schedule audits to ensure schedules are being properly maintained and updated by the project teams.
- Analyze and review subcontractor schedules and link subordinate schedules to the project schedule; analyze schedule for project critical path and advise management of changes to the critical path and projected milestone achievement performance.
- Coordinate with Control Account Managers (CAM) and cross functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) members in the development, maintenance, and analysis of work package schedules.
- Perform audits of schedules for performance to plan variance and support corrective action to improve scheduling and planning processes.
- Work within a team environment to provide insights into program scheduling trends and best practices to assist program teams with formulating achievable program schedules
- Perform Monte Carlo Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) on key programs as part of standard work
- Manage Risk and Opportunity in the IMS
- End-to-end ownership of maintenance and coordination of schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the IMS, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
- Must be able to identify and recommend insightful mitigation plans, to ensure the IMS is used as a predictive model and remains a valued management tool for the program.
- Utilizes Earned Value Management System processes in variance analysis, risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Simultaneously support multiple programs of varying complexity as well as ongoing proposal efforts.
- Develops process improvements to achieve program goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 4 years planning experience in a DoD environment or 2 years minimum related experience with Master’s degree. Will accept minimum of 13 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
• Ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated Experience on programs with responsibility for development and execution of the IMS, including setup, baseline management and update/maintenance, schedule analysis, critical path analysis, SRAs, and CDRL deliveries.
• Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
• Experience with schedule health metrics (e.g. DCMA 14-point check) and Schedule Metric Analysis – such as BEI, CPLI, SPI, etc.
• Able to work within tight deadlines and multi-task various projects in an organized manner required
• Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality of product deliverables
• U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Prior Experience in engineering and operations/manufacturing environment. Military contractor / Defense industry background is preferred
• Knowledge of EVMS Guidelines (EIA 748-D), Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD), and Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) strongly desired
• Experience with subcontractors’ schedule integration
• Skills in the use of Deltek Cobra strongly desired
• Experience with DCMA Earned Value (EV) Audits
• Understanding of MRP systems
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://careers.l3harris.com/search-jobs/Lafayette%2C%20LA/
Visit Site to Apply