@ The Wright Group
Job Description Wright Group offers a great working environment and competitive salary. We also offer excellent benefits for eligible employees including: health, dental, and vision insurance, medical and dependent care, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k), certification reimbursement program, continuing education opportunity’s, paid time off, and nine paid holidays. We are currently recruiting for a: Full Time Production Operators - starting pay $12 hour plus overtime · Must be available for nights, weekends, occasional overtime and some night shifts. Wright was founded on the philosophy of hiring the best and brightest, and engaging these subject matter experts in an entrepreneurial culture that fully utilizes their expertise. Production Operators are responsible for mixing raw materials to create finished products according to batch tickets. Production Operators operate within Blends, Spray Dry, Super Coat or Rice. Key Responsibilities · Follow SOPs, GMPs, Food Safety, Human Safety and company policies. · Maintain a disciplined and methodical approach to each blend being accountable for the results of the produced lot. · Perform housekeeping in assigned area and in other areas of the plant. · Maintain a teamwork attitude to assist others, or work in areas that you may not be primarily assigned to. STARTING PAY IS $12 HOUR - PLUS OVERTIME CHANCE TO ADVANCE WE PAY FOR UNIFORMS AND BOOTS Duties and Day-to-Day Responsibilities, but not limited to the following: · Sets up and start mixing tank(s) and blender(s). · Obtains and understands all documentation for making batches. Ensures correct ingredients are used for each batch. · Pouring powders into mixer(s) in predetermined quantities up to and including 55 pounds. · Operates equipment (mixers, scales, meters, pumps, forklifts, etc.) safely. · Follows lab instructions regarding batch approval, adjustments, and any additional requirements. · Perform basic quality control checks including measuring, weighing, sealing, package counts and evaluating product or package appearance. · Communicates with material handlers and packers when materials are needed and batches are ready to pack. · Completes all paperwork and batch documentation in a timely manner. · Observes safety requirements set forth by the company. · Operates a forklift, manual pallet jack or other equipment to move empty pallets, bags and other supplies. · May be utilized to package products. · Performs other duties as required and directed. Work Environment: · The production environment is exposed to cold and heat. The employee will work inside and outside and may be exposed to several elements (i.e., dust, noise, extreme cold and heat) and a variety of working environments. · Dusty environment requires FIT test for respirator use. Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required such as bump cap, gloves and safety toe footwear. · Work conditions also include elevated areas, ascending/descending, and working on ladders, scaffolding, and portable work areas/platforms will also be required. · May be required to frequently stand for 85 percent and walk around for 10 percent of shift. · The job also requires working in confined spaces to inspect, repair, and troubleshooting inside process equipment and other confined access.
Salary Range: DOE
Production Worker Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or GED required.
· 2+ years’ experience working in industrial production is strongly preferred.
· Forklift trained preferred.
· Must be available for nights, weekends, occasional overtime and some holidays or nights.
· Capable of reading and comprehending documents, scales and safety manuals in English.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Able to perform these operations using weight and volume measurements.
· Must keep a clean shaven face for proper respirator wear.
· Basic math, reading and writing skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Willingness to comply with all safety guidelines at all times.
· Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, climbing and reaching.
· Able to lift 55 lbs on a regular basis.
· Able to work 8 - 12 hour shifts standing.
· Reliable and punctual.
· Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Manufacturing environment.
• Standing for long periods of time.
• Job responsibilities can require working variable hours and some weekends
• Ability to perform in a fast paced operation that can run 24/7.
• May be required to work in other departments.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG SCREEN, PHYSICAL AND BACKGROUND CHECK.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.thewrightgroup.net
Visit Site to Apply