SchoolMint is the leading SaaS platform driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management and student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company rooted strongly in our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach and embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service.
SchoolMint’s Product Team is searching for a versatile and highly motivated Product Manager who is passionate about education and our mission. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the development of product strategy, business case formulation and prioritization, planning and execution throughout the agile product life cycle, defining the product roadmaps, and working closely with engineering, sales & marketing, customers, and operational stakeholders to ensure that revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met. Given the breadth of the service we are building, this role will require coordination across many internal teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. This role will require a strategic thinker and self-motivated executor who can articulate business value and get stuff done. The Product Manager also will need to be able to lead through influence in the technical space with the ability to pivot between business, operations and technology teams.
What You’ll Do
- Distill market research and inputs from users and key business stakeholders to create a product strategy and actionable product roadmap.
- Collect user stories and define new features; write specs, create wireframes, and manage high-quality features through successful launch.
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including Engineering, UI/UX, Customer Success, Support, and Marketing to ensure successful execution and launch of product releases.
- Support product releases by communicating value and providing effective knowledge sharing tools (e.g. presentations, FAQs, how-to documents) to other teams.
- Prioritize feature ideas and bug fixes, along with long-term strategic projects.
- Present product roadmap, decisions, and tradeoffs to executive leadership and other stakeholders to build buy-in and alignment across the organization.
- Manage complex product issues, quickly analyzing problems and providing recommendations that inform roadmap priorities and address the needs of clients and key stakeholders.
Some Awesome Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, and Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- Conferences and Meet-ups
- Professional Development
- 3+ years as a Product Manager in a SaaS environment.
- Proficiency with software development methodologies such as Agile and experience working with Scrum teams.
- Ability to research market trends and product usage and make product strategy recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to rationalize decisions and clearly articulate recommendations to end-users and key stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of audience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep teammates organized and in sync.
- Ability to balance short-term wins with long-term strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of your work while also working collaboratively with others, setting aside ego to bring together the best data and ideas from across the organization.
- Comfort being self-driven in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Strong technical experience, preferably gained through building B2B or B2B2C software products. (Bonus)
- Good sense of design principles and a strong visual aesthetic. (Bonus)
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker and Balsamiq or similar task management and wire-framing tools.(Bonus)
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://schoolmint.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 20, 2021
Application Deadline: June 21, 2021