Processing Technician I - 2nd Shift
@ Tides Medical
- Under the direction of the Processing Supervisor, the Processing Technician I will perform hands-on execution of all routine processes.
- Sterile and non-sterile activities include dissection, washing, cutting, labeling, etc. in a controlled environment in accordance with established procedures and regulated guidelines.
- This position is guaranteed 40 hours per week and requires availability 7 days a week.
All Processing Technicians should perform the following in accordance with AATB, FDA, and Tides Medical stated policies and procedures while upholding Tides Medical’s mission and corporate values:
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
- Cleans and sanitize work area, all equipment and all supplies
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Aseptically process HCT/Ps according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Uphold standard of maintaining cleanliness of the Controlled Environment Areas
- Accurately measure, label and package HCT/Ps
- Document all processing activities performed accurately to maintain integrity and traceability of donor
- Monitor and maintain appropriate inventories of supplies within the production area
- Identify key areas of interest in processing
- Perform any and all of trained processes within expected processing times in order to meet production scheduling
Processing Technician I’s additional functions:
- Independently manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Independent competency in all processes including Receipt of Tissue, Dissections, Processing Wash and Cutting, Packaging, and Labeling
- Document all process activities completely and with strict compliance to GDP and SOP, reporting any departures to management
- Operation, cleaning, and care of processing equipment under supervision along with knowing the correct settings for each piece of equipment
- Independently work on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned by supervision.
- Capability to identify and recommend areas for improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated history of working cooperatively in a team environment with multiple process stakeholders
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years experience as an Associate Processing Technician
- Preferred experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience in a hospital/veterinary operating room environment
- Experience in a regulated environment (manufacturing, hospitals, government agencies, quality control, etc.)
- AAS Degree or other Certificate Programs in a health care system
- A valid drivers’ license with an insurable driving record
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail
- Preferred knowledge of Good Documentation Practice (GDP), Good Tissue Practice (GTP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and AATB regulations
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Capability to develop the necessary skills required for the job functions.
- Covid-19 vaccination required, reasonable accommodations as per the ADA are considered.
- Must be able to stand for the full duration of a shift
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must be able to write clearly and legibly
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Must be able to complete tasks independently
- Must be able to work in an isolated cleanroom for 4 hours at a time
This job requires close contact and potential exposure with biohazardous materials containing blood and human tissue. All employees will be properly trained on the dangers and hazards of the job as well as safety precautions for handling and disposal of wastes.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.tidesmedical.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: March 02, 2023
Application Deadline: April 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time