Principal Mission Solution Architect
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional staff within L3Harris Maritime Sector and in other L3Harris segments as appropriate to leverage technology and product investments.
- Collaborate with L3Harris colleagues to conceptualize system architectures, define key capabilities, performance requirements, system implementation approaches and operational concepts.
- Maintain and continually update awareness and knowledge of the industry to best advise the L3Harris Maritime sector on current and future market trends and developments.
- Identify potential strategic technology partners, alliances and relationships to enhance/expand core product lines and/or to create new product lines.
- Identify, prioritize, and pursue R&D funds to meet strategic technical objectives and revenue targets.
- Support or lead proposal efforts, from strategy development through final review.
- Contribute to strategic planning, including definition of technology and product roadmaps; also includes identification of new business acquisition and capital expenditures needed to achieve strategic goals/objectives.
- Oversee/guide the development of advanced sensor systems to ensure that technical, programmatic, and cost objectives are met, thereby meeting or exceeding customer and L3Harris Distributed Maritime Operations objectives.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of technology and capability gaps, for conventional and non-conventional customers, where L3Harris has or can obtain a competitive advantage. This requires establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers and prospective customers.
- Designing, developing and overseeing the system architecture.
- Providing architectural leadership in response to ECP’s and budgetary estimate requests.
- Ensuring conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system.
- Translating functional needs of customers to requirements and allocating those requirements to Hardware, Software, and COTS system components.
- Developing system element architecture, design, and interface definition. Supporting internal and external design reviews.
- Developing and maintaining models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development (5-year program architectural roadmap).
- Maintaining knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis, methodologies, and ensure program roadmap is utilizing new technologies as appropriate.
- Maintaining knowledge of customer capabilities and future goals and ensuring the program architectural roadmap is consistent with the customer vision.
- Working knowledge and experience using at least one industry standard system architecture tool suite (MagicDraw/Cameo, Enterprise Architect, STK, System, Architect, or equivalent)
- Unmanned surface and undersea systems, network and assured communications, sonar systems (active and passive) maritime power and controls, integrated platform management and battle damage system.
- Weapons development with emphasis on seekers and terminal guidance
- Multi-mode threat detection sensors (including buried/concealed/subsonic/surface threats)
- Platform integration and test
- Hardware/software development experience from requirements through customer testing
- Working knowledge of modern simulation-based methods as a key part of the product development process
- Analytical and technical expertise is desired in one or more of the following: sensor performance, image and signal processing, autonomy and machine learning, guidance and control or target phenomenology exploitation, surface navy combat systems, high performance computing/parallel processing
- Generation/presentation of persuasive technical narratives
- Program/project management
- Proposal identification, prioritization, pursuit and generation
Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the development of advanced sensors and/or systems for military applications, preferably maritime/naval domains
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an engineering role on advanced sensor / combat systems / integrated systems development programs, with progressive advancement in responsibilities leading to program management and/or technical leadership roles
Minimum of 10 years’ experience supporting/leading business development pursuits with a successful track record in capturing funds and meeting targets
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Master’s degree desired in engineering, technology management or business management)
Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in advanced technology development and business development pursuits
Demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions with clear competitive advantages to complex problems
Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills; able to present complex technology concepts in a clear and effective manner
Must possess the following additional skills: organization and planning, problem analysis and problem-solving, team-leadership, formal presentation, persuasiveness, adaptability, innovation, judgment, decision-making, stress tolerance, collaboration, self-motivation
Possession of, or the ability to obtain and maintain, a secret security clearance
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://careers.l3harris.com/search-jobs
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 25, 2021
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021