Pricing & Business Analyst
@ United Vision Logistics
The Pricing & Business Analyst will have two primary responsibilities.
- The first will be the pricing function, working with the sales and operations groups to provide timely, accurate, data-based pricing for new and existing customers and ensure that the pricing is correctly coded in the Company’s TMS system.
- The second will be providing periodic and ad hoc reports, KPIs, analysis to various personnel throughout the organization with a focus on accuracy, consistency, and timeliness.
- The Pricing & Business Analyst will also serve as the point of contact for internal operational and sales-related inquiries and timely, professional issue resolution.
- The Pricing & Business Analyst will also support operations personnel in the preparation of cost reports, proactively developing and implementing process and system improvements, and participating in and/or leading special projects as assigned.
Roles & responsibilities:
Primary duties include but not limited to the following:
- Work with sales and operations to provide pricing proposals for new and existing customers based on evaluating lanes, capacity, and current market conditions
- Ensure pricing is accurately and timely programmed in the Company’s TMS system and executed contracts supporting the rates are organized and documented
- Prepare and distribute weekly KPI reports. Understand market drivers, mix, volume, and industry drivers
- Work closely with management in identifying and generating financial and operational analyses that provide insight into business. Work with other departments in order to better understand financial and operational issues
- Provide periodic and ad hoc reporting and support the operations and sales personnel on special projects
(financial modeling, reporting, profit analyses, etc.) including providing reports to customers
- Analyze SG&A expenses, headcount, and capital expenditures on a departmental basis for review with Manager of Financial Planning, Analysis and Pricing and respective department leader
- Key liaison between finance and operations personnel
- Periodic reports and metrics for regional operations personnel
- Provide insightful and detailed analyses and reports in support of the Sales team to ensure targets and goals are met
Salary Range: $55,000 TO $60,000
Qualifications / experience:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
Self-motivated person who can work autonomously
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills in a time-sensitive work environment working with diverse groups of individuals (sales, operations, accounting, billing, I/T)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Excel and manipulating cube-based data
- Experience in Oil & Gas or Transportation industry a plus
How to Apply:
CLICK ON THE JOIN US LINK AND THEN THE CORPORATE OPPORTUNITIES TAB
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 12, 2022
Application Deadline: February 14, 2022