@ LHC Group
- Ability to relate to and treat acutely ill/chronically ill patients/families and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong, patient management, and documentation skills.
- Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Provides direct skilled nursing care.
- Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as applicable.
- Prepares equipment and material for use according to the plan of care, practicing aseptic sterile technique.
- Assists patient in learning appropriate self care technique.
- Re-evaluates and records the patient care needs of the acutely ill and/or chronically ill at each home visit.
- Communicates with and regularly updates the patient regarding his/her plan of care.
- Administers medications as prescribed by a physician and permitted by law.
- Adheres to minimum productivity requirements as defined by branch.
- Reports observations of the patientÂ’s condition to the designated supervisor(s). If the findings are significant, report observations to the client’s physician.
- Assists with teaching the patient and family members regarding the patient care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Collaborates with other service providers to discuss the patient plan of care and frequency of visits.
- Participates in providing 24-hour, seven-day-a-week nursing services as assigned, to meet identified patient/family needs.
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a seat belt when business travel is required.
- Acts as role model in confidentiality, professionalism, appropriate attire, unbiased interpersonal relationships, and work attitudes.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient records/information.
- Attends team meetings and staff meetings to enhance team communication, coordination of services, and quality services.
- Implements a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care by assessing and identifying the patient’s need for other agency services and communicating that need to the designated Case Manager.
- Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences and in service education programs, as required by agency policies and patient needs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Observes, records, and reports (1) signs and symptoms; (2) reactions to treatments and medications; and (3) any change in the patients physical or emotional condition in a timely matter.
- Records clinical and progress notes at the time of the visit to ensure continuity of qualitative patient care in a timely basis.
- Completes daily report sheets and any required paperwork in a timely fashion to ensure agency operating schedule to include physician orders as required for RN to co-sign
- Completes clinical documentation accurately
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
Must meet educational/experience requirements outlined in the laws of licensure states.
A minimum of one year of acute care experience required; previous home care experience preferred.
Must have current LPN licensure in state of practice.
Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Current CPR certification required.
Ability to relate to and treat acutely ill/chronically ill patients/families and their particular problems.
Must possess strong, patient management, and documentation skills.
Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patient needs.
Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://careers.lhcgroup.com/careers-home/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 09, 2021
Application Deadline: August 09, 2021