Patient Care Coordinator
@ Professional Arts Pharmacy
At the first point of contact, New Patient Care Coordinators fill an important role as the first point of contact and establish the caring relationship with our new patients. They help us to go above and beyond to ensure that customers feel supported throughout the prescription fulfillment process.
Professional Arts Pharmacy has proven to be an advocate for patient access to compounded and specialty drugs. The New Patient Care Coordinator position is a fast-paced role that handles a high volume of complex inbound and outbound calls in a rewarding environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Make every attempt for timely patient contact to obtain or confirm the patient’s demographic information, verify insurance coverage and answer patients’ questions about the fulfillment process.
- Anticipate customer needs and resolve issues quickly by finding forward thinking solutions and determining what can be done to fulfill a request.
- Support the approval process as needed for patients’ primary insurance, worker’s compensation or Prescription Assistance Programs to determine the best solution for each prescription.
- Effectively communicate patients’ payment terms and provide options to fulfill each patient’s specific needs in order to keep their drugs costs as low as possible.
- Guide and educate callers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums and status of orders and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively while documenting required information in computer systems.
- Offer all patients the option to transfer patient calls to a pharmacist to answer clinical questions.
- Respect every customer’s dignity and right to privacy by only discussing confidential information on a need-to-know basis and only in private areas.
- Maintain knowledge of formulary products and the unique prescription fulfillment process and seek opportunities for continuous learning and growth to ensure a superior customer service experience.
- Understand the complex needs of patients and answer patient questions regarding topics such as pricing, shipping, or delivery devices with patience and empathy.
- Act as a liaison and resource to physicians, customers, the pharmacy team and community.
- Learn and adhere to pharmacy policies, processes, procedures and best practices
- Proactively support other pharmacy team members when needed to ensure a quality and timely fulfillment process including general pharmacy upkeep, point of sale, inventory management, shipping or other duties and responsibilities.
Salary Range: DOE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- No pending felony charges or convictions for criminal offenses involving controlled substances.
- 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment or healthcare setting
- Handling patient information with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
How to Apply:
Send resumes to email@example.com
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 02, 2022
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022
Job Type: Full-time