The Transition Operations Team gathers a client’s business needs to design and implement robust, efficient, and repeatable processes to be run by the Operations team. In this role, the candidate will:
• Design and implement new processes and tools or identify and implement efficiencies and improvements in existing methods with an emphasis on the Rancher/Kubernetes platform that Advantage v4 is built upon.
• Develop automated, stable, repeatable cycle events and schedules that meet the clients’ processing and SLA requirements. Evolve legacy Advantage 3 processes to align with the Advantage 4 platform
• Work across multiple teams and with clients directly to implement standards and configurations pertaining to Operations setup and processing.
• Create accurate, detailed documentation and procedures about clients’ operations for use by the Operations team.
• Work with the Applications Team to maintain and support Configuration Management processes and establish standard expectations for patch deliveries.
• Mentor Operations members on new processes and procedures as projects approach Go-Live status.
• Member will be in a weekend rotation on-call roughly every other month; member will need to support Operations activities during those weekends.
• 1-3 years experience with Containers, Kubernetes/docker, or Rancher platform
• Proficient scripting abilities in multiple languages (Linux shell scripting, Python, Perl, and Go languages)
• Experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases and SQL DDL/DML writing.
• Experience automating IT processes (CA Autosys or similar job management tool for scheduling, monitoring, and reporting software experience is a plus)
• Experience with DevOps tools and techniques (e.g. Jira, BitBucket, etc.) is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be able to effectively juggle and prioritize multiple, often competing and changing, workloads
• Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a team lead or member
1-3 years of experience with each of the following:
Containers, Kubernetes/docker, or Rancher platform
Linux environment and shell scripting (ksh, csh, etc)
Scripting (Python, Perl, Go)
Oracle or MS SQL Server DDL/DML writing
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply