- Operations Managers help ensure performance and reliability of the Information Technology environment, coordinate resolution of operational concerns, and act as a liaison with client IT management to facilitate the delivery of information technology services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Planning, managing, and controlling the computer operations activities following SOP and applicable STIG.
- Ensuring system SOP are reviewed and updated annually.
- Providing project management of IT Systems operations tasks, utilizing the Government approved procedures and tools and participating in special projects as required.
- Ensuring patching procedures are conducted, following the applicable change management workflow and schedule.
- Providing reports on operational status upon request from client operations management or their delegate.
- Assigning tasks while achieving optimum effectiveness, prioritizing tasks based on input from client operations management or their delegate.
- Monitoring contract staff performance and providing cross-training to staff as needed.
- Maintaining knowledge of existing technology as it applies to current and future IT system architecture.
- Recommending and implementing programs to minimize costs, achieve optimum output, and maintain quality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- The Operations Manager must possess experience in managing the Operations and Maintenance of a large complex Federal Government IT system.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and server operating system
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, development, and operations
- Powershell scripting
- VmWare, Azure and/or AWS Server Virtualization
- Enterprise Backup, Replication and Business Continuity and Disaster recover mitigation and response
- Strong understanding of project management principles and practices
- Strong understanding of Helpdesk and Customer Relations Support systems
- Data Security and Cyber Security basics
- Experience with Oracle technologies including ADF, Web Logic, Forms and Reports, and APEX.
- Experience with Atlassian tools: Confluence, Jira, Git
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification,
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification,
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 10
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Information technology
- Project Management
- Data Warehousing
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 07, 2022
Application Deadline: October 07, 2022
Job Type: Full-time