Nutrition Site Manager
@ Lafayette Council on Aging
Responsible for overall operation of Title III C-1 and C-2 programs (Congregate Meals & Home-Delivered Meals).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains safe and clean nutrition area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations as it relates to Department of Health & Hospitals (DHH), Cajun Area Agency on Aging (CAAA) and the LCOA.
- Assures the serving of quality food as it relates to DHH and CAAA standards; serves meals in a timely manner while adhering to correct food temperatures.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of meal site, including wearing gloves and hair nets when preparing and/or serving meals and wearing clean uniforms.
- Maintains cleanliness of meal site by sweeping or mopping floors, wiping tables, and disposing of garbage daily.
- Maintains list of vendors for the purpose of arranging food purchases, due to shortages for any reason.
- Provides assistance to participants when necessary and whenever possible.
- Receives and confirms food and milk deliveries.
- Checks food containers for accuracy; reports any shortages to the Nutrition Coordinator, and alerts C-2 meals drivers of the shortages.
- Replaces the C-2 meals driver in the event of absence for any reason.
- Collects contributions from participants; verifies contributions collected with the Nutrition Coordinator prior to submitting for deposit.
- May, on occasion, complete reports and, in the absence of the Nutrition Coordinator, order meals for the next day’s service.
- Monitors and assists with recreation, special events, and other required programs.
- Maintains good work and public relations-this includes demonstrating friendliness, warmth, and cooperation to participants, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Nutrition Coordinator, Manager of Programs & Personnel, and/or Executive Director.
- Emotional Maturity
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus (Genuine interest in, and concern for, older adults)
The Site Manager will be expected to supervise site personnel (C-1 servers, C-2 drivers) and/or volunteers who are working in the meal site.
This job operates in a food preparation environment. This role routinely uses standard kitchen and food preparation and packaging equipment. Examples are such as stoves, refrigerators, warmers, commercial sinks, ice chests, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Schedule may be adjusted according to agency needs.
- High school diploma.
- One year of experience in nutrition or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two years of experience in nutrition or related field(preferred)
- One year of supervisory experience.(preferred)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Applicant must have a good driving record, current driver’s license, and valid auto insurance (minimum limits as required by law). Must have CPR/First Aid certification.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Applicant must be able to pass a state criminal history search.
Clearance of a drug screen is also required.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at 160 Industrial Pkwy Lafayette LA 70508
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: December 28, 2021
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022