New Construction Projects Director
@ Lafayette Parish School System
• Project coordination, facilitation, oversight, and monitoring during the design, procurement, and construction phases of a project. Works alongside the design
professional and construction contractor to observe, report, advise, and coordinate the progress of the work throughout the project lifecycle.
• Construction cost estimating.
• Uses understanding of construction methods and technologies to interpret contracts, technical drawings, and specifications.
• Manages multiple priorities and meets deadlines.
• Manages relationships with contractor and architect during construction.
• Manages and tracks all construction related accounting to ensure projects stay on budget.
• Plan project strategies, handle unexpected issues and delays, and create effective solutions.
• Monitors weather conditions, availability of personnel or materials, and events which may disrupt project activities or cause delays in completion.
• Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with
• Report the progress of work and provide detailed reports.
• Facilitates meetings between the contractor, architect, suppliers, and other
• Performs on-site inspections and quality control observations.
• Identifies and reports on potential variances between scheduled and
probable completion dates.
• Reviews architectural plans, construction drawings and performance
specifications for accuracy; identifies areas for cost savings and works with
architects to produce plans that meet budgets.
• Recommends courses of action when requirements of any contracts are not
• Conducts site visits of buildings and property for potential lease or purchase by clients, assesses buildings and property and their systems for suitability for intended purpose, and provides analyses of such buildings and properties.
• Reviews and evaluates construction work in progress, coordinates with the project architect/engineer to address any issues that may arise.
• Coordinates the training of personnel on the proper operation of systems installed in building projects.
• Assists in long range planning for future building and capital improvement projects and assists in preparation of budget estimates for such projects.
• Monitors construction activities to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Financial Responsibilities: Functional – Responsible for contributing to budget formulation, processing or approving delegated financial, equipment, and systems transactions. This may include qualifying or vetting vendors for specialized programs or equipment. Responsible for ensuring internal controls are followed and that delegated activity is in accordance with the budget and financial plan.
- Additional Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of suppliers, service providers, stakeholders, or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, professional fees, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software.
- Communication: Ability to facilitate an exchange of information with contractors, architects, superintendents, regulatory inspectors, and stakeholders.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture,
construction science, construction management or closely related field, with minimum five
years of experience in commercial building construction. Experience working in a school
district in a role that includes school construction management preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://tinyurl.com/y4lh2tj8