The role of a Metal Fabrication Melt Technician is primarily responsible for the segregation, melting and accountability of customers returning metal to recycle and get credit on their account. Secondary duties include producing the highest quality of mechanical finish obtainable for all internal/external casting grains, and the movement of grain samples both physically and systematically using our Oracle Computer Tracking System for assay analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain a "safety first" work environment.
- Wear proper steeled toed footwear
- Wear company provided safety glasses and attire
- Operate an induction furnace while maintaining the highest level of accountability and accuracy of customer material.
- Operates a centrifugal tumbling machine which burnishes the surface oxides generated during the melt pouring process. The tumble tech loads the grain into the machine for a pre-determined length of time. At the completion of the tumbling process, the tumbler will remove all material from the barrels and perform a rinse sequence before drying in either centrifugal or convection ovens.
- Responsible for the rolling of assay samples, weight verification of samples and oracle updating.
- Must ensure accountability for job weight issued.
- Required to check your Stuller corporate email account to attain and communicate important company information
- Required to complete computer-based training periodically
- Basic computer skills
- Good organizational skill
- Good communication skills
- Able to follow directions both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task
- Accurate with weights and measurements
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Capable of operating machines and tools
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail
- Capable of standing for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or equivalent
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6052029.careers?CareersSearch
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 23, 2021
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021