Marine Engineer (L4)
Lead and oversee integration and installation of Government Furnished Equipment on various USV programs.
Develop technical resolutions to engineering and regulatory problems that arise in the production of Unmanned Navy Ships.
Provide technically sound Statements of Work to the Program Manager and Navy so that the changes may be considered for Technical Instructions and Class engineering changes.
Monitor ship construction and modification in one or multiple shipyards in accordance with relevant NAVSEA, ABS and/or SUPSHIP processes and procedures. Reports on conditions found during construction to the system lead and presents sound solutions in line with Navy expectations during construction.
Coordinates with NAVSEA, SUPSHIP, ABS, Shipyard, Quality assurance, and design team on various inspections and test events to include structural, mechanical, and system test and oversight.
Serve as a member of on-site shipyard availabilities, on a travel basis, in the home-port or shipyard for the vessel being worked. Time on-site includes one or more Shipyard periods per year averaging 1 month in duration each.
Provides Navy acquisition experience and expertise in the acquisition of Medium and Large Unmanned Surface Vessels.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and six (6) years of Navy shipbuilding experience OR 10 years of Navy shipbuilding experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Active Secret security clearance verifiable in JPAS or the ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance within 90 days.
- Willing to travel domestically and Internationally, and willing to support offshore operations and testing.
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear, detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://careers.l3harris.com/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 05, 2021
Application Deadline: May 05, 2021