MAINTENANCE WORKER (PARC)
@ Lafayette Consolidated Government
Work of this class involves maintenance and repair of buildings and auxiliary structures and repair and maintenance of a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment.
Examples of work in this area of assignment include but are not limited to:
- Interior and exterior repairs to parks facilities plumbing
- Painting on various materials such as metal pipes and concrete buildings
- Assembling and installing playground equipment and outdoor furniture
- Performing routine maintenance and minor repairs on golf carts
- Installing and repairing fences and other minor carpentry and concrete work.
Work is performed independently or as a member of a crew, depending on the nature of the task. Employees of this class may exercise general supervision over the work of helpers and assist in training.
All work is subject to review by a supervisor for compliance with standard procedures and specifications.
Eligible applicants as determined by this examination may be submitted for consideration to other areas of assignment.
Salary Range: $1,970-$2,462/Month/DOE
- Graduation from high school and experience in building, electrical, and mechanical trades; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Incumbents in this area of assignment will be required to pull and back a trailer.
- Current vacancy requires possession of a valid Louisiana Driver’s License prior to appointment. Future vacancies in other areas of assignment may not have this requirement.
- Examination will be a written test.
- Please note: Applicants who previously tested for Maintenance Worker on 8/11/2021 are eligible to apply and test for this vacancy.
How to Apply:
You may access and print an application from the LCG website employment page. You may complete the application online; however, you must print the completed application, include an original signature, and return it to the Civil Service office. Applicants must show proof of social security number and proof that they are 18 years of age or older at the time of application for the application to be accepted. If you are not a United States citizen, you must have permission to work in the US as issued by the Department of State. Proof of these items is required when the application is returned to the Civil Service Office at 705 West University Avenue, Lafayette, LA. Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted; nor is LCG able to accept online applications at this time.
Visit Site to Apply
Location: 901 Mudd Avenue, Lafayette, LA 70501
Date Posted: October 08, 2021
Application Deadline: November 08, 2021