Logistics Training and Hiring Specialist
The Logistics Training and Hiring Specialist will identify and monitor training needs in the organization and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs. They will also ensure that the candidate with the best qualifications and characteristics is selected and hired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review existing training programs; suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Identify and assess the training needs of Logistics Operations through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific operational needs.
- Develop training manuals that target tangible results.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods.
- Effectively manage the daily accountability system.
- Evaluate organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting operational needs and improving performance.
- Assess employees’ skills, performance, and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organizations' goals.
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
- Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage, and deliver training.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments, and best practices.
- Serve as the liaison between all Logistics Operations departments and Human Resources.
- Identify staffing requirements for replacement and/or new positions.
- Create accurate and effective job descriptions that define roles and responsibilities to attract the best candidates.
- Interview shortlisted candidates and select the most suitable individual.
- Oversee incumbents’ onboarding process.
- Implement strategies to develop and retain employees.
Work Hours: 10:30am - 7pm
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with traditional and modern training processes (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job training, eLearning, etc.).
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Capacity to mentor and develop new hires.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience as a Hiring and Training Manager preferred.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.stuller.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 21, 2021
Application Deadline: June 21, 2021