Licensure and Regulatory Affairs Paralegal
@ LHC Group
- Administer, facilitate, prepare and timely submit required reports, applications and renewals for licenses, enrollments, permits, and other regulatory filings
- Coordinate the gathering of information from various company departments in connection with the preparation of analyses, applications, and other regulatory filings
- Continuously track regulatory filings, with particular emphasis on expirations and renewals, and keep appropriate company personnel informed of filing status and related issues, as appropriate
- Maintain both pending and completed filings in an organized and accessible system
- Demonstrate a positive, flexible, customer comes first attitude
- Uphold strict confidentiality at all times regarding all licensure matters, including, but not limited to, pending and completed applications and negotiations
- Prioritize and manage assignments quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Manage special projects and perform other related duties as assigned
- Provides guidance and support to other licensure specialists as necessary
- Communicates both orally and in writing with company personnel to advise and comment on licensure matters
- Identifies areas in need of improvement and communicates best practices to staff as appropriate
- Assist Senior Counsel for Governmental and Regulatory Affairs on regulatory tracking and analysis.
- Perform regular monitoring and tracking of state and federal regulatory changes which affect the company’s various businesses in 36 states.
Advanced training or experience as a provider enrollment specialist or paralegal; Baccalaureate degree preferred
Minimum of 2 years experience as a healthcare provider licensure and enrollment specialist (strongly preferred);
Alternatively a minimum of 2 years experience as a corporate, regulatory, or transactional paralegal (healthcare experience strongly preferred)
Minimum of 2 years experience in managed care contracting and credentialing.
Knowledge of federal and state regulatory licensure and enrollment filing requirements.
Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills .
Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment under strict deadlines.
Demonstrates good judgment .
Ability to work across multiple internal and external teams to find solutions to problems or challenges.
Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
Self-motivated, able to work on a team and independently.
Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office.
Must be capable of working in an environment where evolution and change are the norm
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://careers.lhcgroup.com/careers-home/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 09, 2021
Application Deadline: August 09, 2021