Lead Java Full Stack
- CGI immediately needs a Lead Java Full stack (Applications in Cloud) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations.
- Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical location.
- When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they must be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
- Join a fast-paced agile team developing Microservices built on Spring Boot and Restful API.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Design solutions/options and collaborate with the enterprise architecture group to move solutions forward
- Participate and lead code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to the original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
- Maintaining and updating the project related design documents
- Produce high quality code, following and recommending best practices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of total development experience in Java/J2EE technologies - Front end and Back End
- Experience with developing REST/JSON APIs using Java and Spring
- Strong AWS experience - especially in migrating applications from on-prem to Cloud
- Ability to Lead and work hands-on as a Developer
- DevOPs experience - good to have
- Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.|
- Proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
- Experience in testing automation using Junit 5/Mockito, Cucumber
- Hands-On experience with database development using SQL
- Experience in UI/UX (Front end)
- Experience working in Agile environment, including SAFe
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Experienced in mentoring and directing development and automation teams
- Good proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot, Micro Services technologies
- Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Spring cloud, Spring Core, Spring Data, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
- Hands-on experience on AWS platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- UX requirements
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: March 02, 2023
Application Deadline: April 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time