Lab Compounding Pharmacy Technician
@ Professional Arts Pharmacy
The lab technician’s purpose is to serve patients, physicians, and veterinarians with quality compounded medications in the promised time frame. The compounding technician will also be responsible as a team member to help maintain daily operations in the non-sterile compounding lab.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Compound prescriptions for patients correctly and in a timely manner. Package and label accurately.
Learn and adhere to pharmacy and lab policies and procedures, processes, regulations and accreditation standards as well as best practices.
Participate in the lab’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Program & attend lab meetings
- Provide lab pharmacist assistance with projects or other tasks as needed (audits, chemical ordering, etc)
- Inform the lab pharmacist in the event of any issue that may affect quality and safety of the compound or may affect customer service. The pharmacist will work with the technician and other team members to resolve or address these issues in a timely manner while maintaining satisfactory customer service.
- Anticipate patient and prescriber needs and resolve any issue quickly by finding forward thinking solutions and determining what can be done to fulfill a request. Understand the complex needs of patients and answer patient questions regarding topics such as promised time frames, special packaging, and specific patient requests with patience and empathy.
Deliver professional and friendly communication and act as a knowledgeable resource to patients, prescriber offices, and vendors to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Offer to all patients the option to transfer patient calls to a pharmacist to answer clinical questions.
Maintain knowledge of the products, services and unique regulations affecting compounding and specialty pharmacy’s unique prescription fulfillment process.
- Review and triage clinical information gathered during calls to prescriber, pharmacist or patient that may affect a patient’s disease state, medication regimen, or method of funding. Consult with the lab pharmacist when necessary.
- Seek opportunities for continuous learning and personal growth to increase credibility with prescribers and customers.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of workflow and processes to improve efficiency, customer satisfaction and team engagement. Attend and participate in customer service meetings and other company meetings.
- Proactively support other pharmacy team members when needed to ensure a quality and timely fulfillment process including general pharmacy upkeep, shipping, inventory management or other duties and responsibilities.
Salary Range: DOE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Active Pharmacy Technician License in the state of Louisiana.
- Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List.
- No pending felony charges or convictions for criminal offenses involving controlled substances.
- Ability to be dependable and punctual
- Ability to complete basic pharmaceutical calculations and demonstrate basic computer and phone skills
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Handling patient information with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to work in a team environment
Physical Requirements / Working Condition
- Visual and manual dexterity
- The technician will be handling NIOSH hazardous drugs and must be able to wear personal protective equipment for extended periods of time
- Technician may be required to stand for extended periods of time while compounding and may have to handle heavy items, up to 60 pounds. They will have to lift, carry, push, pull and move objects
How to Apply:
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 02, 2022
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022
Job Type: Full-time