Kathleen Babineaux Blanco Public Policy Center: Research Associate 3
@ Kathleen Blanco Public Policy Center
- The Research Associate 3 is responsible for technical support of multiple research projects and also expected to take on project management responsibilities for major components of ongoing research projects led by senior Blanco Center researchers.
- It will be necessary for the candidate to manage research tasks including timelines to complete interim steps and contribute toward overall project completion.
- To accomplish these goals, the Research Associate 3 will also be expected to identify and organize relevant data, draft narrative material for incorporation into research reports, and make constructive recommendations to senior members of the Blanco Center staff.
- In addition, the Research Associate 3 will take on responsibility for major components of ongoing research projects and contribute to development of a research plan including timelines and major tasks necessary to complete project deliverables, track progress and ensure timely completion of major milestones and final deliverables.
- To accomplish these goals, the Research Associate 3 will be expected to interpret data, write major sections of reports, and make constructive recommendations.
- The candidate may also be asked to represent the Blanco Center at meetings with external partners and research sponsors.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Sociology, or related field, 3-5 years of related work experience, exceptional written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and familiarity with a range of computer software (including by not limited to Microsoft Office).
- A master’s degree in a related field can substitute for 3 years of experience.
- The candidate should have previous coursework and research experience in at least one Blanco Center priority policy area.
- The candidate must demonstrate creativity in problem solving, must be self-motivated and able to work collaboratively in teams.
- In addition, candidates must demonstrate a high degree of competency and creativity in problem solving.
- All interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and three references.
- Prior experience working with statistical software packages such as STATA, R, SAS, and/or SPSS as well as prior experience working in ArcGIS are preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://louisiana.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/1793?c=louisiana
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 06, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time