Kathleen Babineaux Blanco Public Policy Center: Research Associate 1
@ Kathleen Blanco Public Policy Center
RA1 JOB DESCRIPTON:
- The Kathleen Blanco Public Policy Center at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an independent, interdisciplinary research center and archive engaged in research across a range of topics in public policy.
- Our core policy areas of focus include education, poverty and economic opportunity, criminal justice reform, health and healthcare, the coast and environment, and governmental ethics.
- The Research Associate 1 is responsible for technical support of multiple research projects.
- It will be necessary for the candidate to manage research tasks including timelines to complete interim steps and contribute toward overall project completion.
- To accomplish these goals, the Research Associate 1 will also be expected to identify and organize relevant data, draft narrative material for incorporation into research reports, and make constructive recommendations to senior members of the Blanco Center staff.
- The candidate will also be expected to support efforts to secure new research and participate in meetings with external partners and research sponsors.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Sociology, or related field, exceptional written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and familiarity with a range of computer software (including by not limited to Microsoft Office).
- The candidate should have previous coursework or research experience in at least one Blanco Center priority policy area.
- The candidate must demonstrate creativity in problem solving, must be self-motivated and able to work collaboratively in teams.
- In addition, candidates must demonstrate a high degree of competency and creativity in problem solving.
- All interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and three references.
- Prior research experience and work with software packages such as STATA, R, SAS, SPSS, and/or ArcGIS are preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://louisiana.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/1576?c=louisiana
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 06, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time