Jr. DevOps Engineer
This is an exciting DevOps Engineer opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment supporting multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often new and complicated technical concepts and will work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, CM) and functional teams to provide Configuration Management and technical support for CGI’s Advantage® ERP Product Development team.
Responsibilities include the patching and configuration of various proprietary, commercial, and open-source application software products and support of the Advantage Client engagement teams. The candidate’s primary function will be to support hosted Advantage Cloud teams in a Configuration Management and capacity, helping to apply the CI/CB/CD methodologies via our DevOps processes and tools, as well as troubleshoot when issues arise.
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with 1-3 years of experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of assignments; capable of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has no travel requirements.
The core hours for the Morning shift is: 6am-3pm Central Standard Time w/ 1hr lunch
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This CGI organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all deliverables. The Advantage program is presently engaged in DevOps and internal process improvement initiatives, and the candidate will be an active agile participant in the implementation and utilization of the DevOps toolset. The candidate will report to one of the DevSecOps and Transition Services – Product Owners and be responsible for the following:
- Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiative.
- Work across multiple teams within CGI to compile and build patches necessary to deploy to the internal CGI or client solutions in support of our Advantage ERP suite.
- Develop and maintain automated, stable, repeatable Configuration Management guidelines and processes required to support the DevOps process including code builds and deployment.
- Troubleshoot, advise, and resolve application configuration management issues that users experience using the DevOps toolkit.
- Troubleshoot database issues in support of any of the supported internal facing regions, working with developers and other stakeholders as required to identify and resolve the issue.
- Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
- 4yr college degree in a technical field or 3-5yrs of related experience
- 1-3 years of experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases and DDL/DML language.
- 1-3 years of experience with configuration management or the CI/CB/CD concepts of DevOps.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to find solutions/alternatives within the constraints of the organization, and then provide documentation of the solution for future reference.
- Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail and quality.
- (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of, and experience with relational database environments with agile/scrum/DevOps methodology
- (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of and functioning within Kubernetes and container environments.
- (Bonus) Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, CAST, Sealights, and/or Atlassian Suite
- (Bonus) Experience within the Azure cloud
- Functional Skills:
- Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
- Strong problem solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
- Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
- Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
- DevOps Tools (Ansible, Jenkins, etc.) - 1-3 years
- Any ERP Solution (e.g. Oracle Financial/HR) - 1-3 years
- Database Configuration Management - 1-3 years
- Linux OS - 1-3 years
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 30, 2021
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021