Jr. DevOps Engineer
This CGI organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all deliverables. The Advantage program is presently engaged in DevOps and internal process improvement initiatives, and the candidate will be an active agile participant in the implementation and utilization of the DevOps toolset. The candidate will report to one of the DevSecOps and Transition Services – Product Owners and be responsible for the following:
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiative.
• Work across multiple teams within CGI to compile and build patches necessary to deploy to the internal CGI or client solutions in support of our Advantage ERP suite.
• Develop and maintain automated, stable, repeatable Configuration Management guidelines and processes required to support the DevOps process including code builds and deployment.
• Troubleshoot, advise, and resolve application configuration management issues that users experience using the DevOps toolkit.
• Troubleshoot database issues in support of any of the supported internal facing regions, working with developers and other stakeholders as required to identify and resolve the issue.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
• 4yr college degree in a technical field or 3-5yrs of related experience
• 1-3 years of experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases and DDL/DML language.
• 1-3 years of experience with configuration management or the CI/CB/CD concepts of DevOps.
• Strong problem solving skills, able to find solutions/alternatives within the constraints of the organization, and then provide documentation of the solution for future reference.
• Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail and quality.
• (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of, and experience with relational database environments with agile/scrum/DevOps methodology
• (Bonus/Preferred) Understanding of and functioning within Kubernetes and container environments.
• (Bonus) Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, CAST, Sealights, and/or Atlassian Suite
• (Bonus) Experience within the Azure cloud
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply