IT Support Technician I
At VieMed, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork, and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking a talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic, and career-minded individual to join our organization as a IT Support Technician I (phone and walk-up support). In this customer-oriented role, your responsibility is to provide first level technical software, hardware and network support to internal users as needed. You must know how to maneuver through Office 365, set up new accounts, and format computers. This candidate must have excellent communication skills, have a professional demeanor, and work well with non-technical users. You will work on a small help desk team as a key IT Support Technician. Quick response time is mandatory. We need to hire an individual who is outgoing, energetic, and enjoys going to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Assist with Tier 1 problem resolutions
- Review open trouble tickets, gather additional information, update tickets with current information, and resolve
- Research and solve unfamiliar technical issues and produce documentation based upon problem resolution to be added to the knowledge base
- Performs preventive maintenance on computer-based system components
- Install end user hardware and PC software
- Assist in ensuring administrative control over the end user hardware and software assets of the company and related supplies and accessories through maintenance of inventories, files, logs, etc.
- Support end-users in addition to IT department team members
- Stay current with knowledge of related technologies, designs, methods, and trends
- Participate in on-call schedule and provides after-hours support as needed
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Foundation in software, hardware, and network processes and support
- Experience supporting various OS including Windows 10.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a focus on helping others
- Computer Skills - Diagnoses and fixes computer hardware and driver-related problems (ex: malfunctioning hard drives, network cards, power supplies, and video cards and other subsystems/components).
- Entry level IT certifications or equivalent experience preferred.
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://viemed.apscareerportal.com/jobs/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 13, 2021
Application Deadline: October 14, 2021