IT Support Engineer II
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Troubleshooting difficult IT problems without SOPs
· Planning and coordinating CMs and CM templates.
· Collaborating with internal teams or vendors to execute projects.
· Leading continuous improvement efforts.
· Auditing the quality of work performed and provide constructive feedback when necessary.
· Automating manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help make team operations more efficient.
· Serving as the first point of escalation.
· Participating in hiring, training and development of others.
· Moving up to 49 lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts lasting 12 hours.
· Traveling up to 25% of the time.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
· 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a commercial production environment
· 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment
· 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation), AWS
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage high priority projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.amazon.jobs/en
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 10, 2021
Application Deadline: October 11, 2021