1. Serves as the practice expert for all Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute processes.
2. Oversees the operations of the Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute departments, including
charge entry, referral intake and insurance verification.
3. Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of Authorization, Intake and Post-
4. Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem
resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
5. Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing
Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems
and procedures, standards, and techniques.
6. Coordinates team member requests for time away from work in a manner that does not negatively
impact necessary daily functions.
7. Ensures that the activities of the Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute operations are conducted in
a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and
all health regulations.
9. Holds bi-weekly staff meetings for Authorization, Intake and Post-Acute to ensure proper Team
building and protocol.
10. Reports all concerns or issues directly to Intake Manager/Director of Revenue.
Minimum of eight (2) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare experience in a medical practice or health
system, with a deep understanding of medical insurance verification and authorization rules and
regulations experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of medical insurance, third party payers, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits.
- Sufficient knowledge of policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from internal and external customers.
- Up to date with health information technologies and applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
- Skill in developing, implementing, and administering work processes.
- Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from patients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet practice timelines.
- Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://viemed.apscareerportal.com/account
Visit Site to Apply