Intake Account Representative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
- Retrieves incoming referral(s) from portals.
- Reviews medical records from referral(s) to determine if medical necessity has been met.
- Communicates to sales team &/or referral source(s), if the referral is acceptable or what is missing to complete referral(s)
- Interacts professionally with physicians, patients, patient’s family, and co-workers.
- Schedules set ups, as called into VieMed, by physicians or physician’s office staff, per policy and procedure.
- Documents in the computer system the status of the referral
- Assist to complete all open referrals
- Check network status
- Sends weekly updates to sales team on missing referrals.
- Reports all concerns or issues directly to Intake Manager or Intake Supervisor
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to two (2) years working for a Durable Medical Equipment company or relevant medical office experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of medical insurance benefits
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues, and staff
- Able to read and understand medical documentation effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of same and similar DME equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of In-network vs Out of Network, PPO, HMO
- Thorough understanding and maintaining of medical insurance company’s regulations and requirements including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid.
- Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS & ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, and insurance benefits.
- Learns and maintains knowledge of current patient database & billing system.
- Up to date with health information technologies and applications
- Answers telephone in a polite and professional manner. Communicates information to appropriate personnel and management in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with co-workers, patients, organizations, and the public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Utilizes initiative, strives to maintain steady level of productivity and is self-motivated.
- Work week is Monday through Friday and candidates will work an agreed-upon shift (current shifts include 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm of 10am-7pm)
- Possible weekend work or overtime, to include working an on-call rotation schedule.
Access to Protected Health Information (PHI)
- This position will require the employee to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) for duties related to document and report preparation.
- Policies and procedures will be strictly adhered to make sure PHI is protected as required by the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- This position will work in an office environment.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.viemed.com/company-information/#careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 30, 2023
Application Deadline: April 28, 2023
Job Type: Full-time