Inside Sales - Measurement & Instrumentation
@ John H Carter Company
- This job is demanding in terms of knowledge, skills, commitment, and all other job-related qualifications.
- Urgency and pressure for prompt, accurate results are routine.
- It requires the handling of multiple tasks with many unexpected interruptions.
- The job calls for the responsiveness and energy to work long hours and cover a wide scope without letting up on the pace.
- While training in certain, specific equipment is offered, the successful candidate must be diligent in learning on their own from time to time.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position.
- Receive phone calls, faxes and emails from external & internal customers which must be handled on a timely basis.
- Most of the time the work load will be considered as ‘heavy’
- Information handled will include RFQ’s, Processing Day to Day Repair Work through I&VS, Expediting Repair Work through I&VS shops and provide customer updates per their requirements, Technical Assistance/Support, Factory Support, Technical Product Support, Delivery Expediting
- Information handled will include RFQ’s, Processing Day to Day Repair Work, Expediting Repair Work through shops and provide customer updates per their requirements, Technical Assistance/Support, Factory Support, Technical Product Support, Delivery Expediting
- Manage day to day repair and turnaround quotes
- Facilitate customer repair requirements in a clear and precise manner to the Instrument and Valve Service Companies
- Ensure that Inside efforts are aligned with the production shop
- Support JHC accounting department with problem invoices, returns and general customer account information
- Support ControlWorx Sales personnel when required for the pursuit of Instrument and Valve Services initiatives
- Understand and ensure that the JHC TCC (Total Customer Commitment) standards are upheld at all times
- Work closely with and support the JHC services principals when required to do so
- Actively and enthusiastically attend required and preferred training
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in the after hour and weekend ‘On-Call’ rotation
- Source Repair Services, Product and Product information for customers
- Actively and enthusiastically support CWX colleagues at all times, and especially when overload situations arise
- Accurately complete quotes, order entry and purchase orders
- Always build and cultivate solid relationships
- Remain alert and aware of surroundings at all times, regardless of location
- Some travel for training/meetings may be required
- Margin reviews to ensure team are pricing correctly
- Minimize and maintain backlog.
- Attend TA meetings for large outages
- Backup and support inside sales
- Backup team members for on call
- Reduce AR past due amounts
- Ensure timely invoicing and reduce backlog/SNI amounts
The above list of duties and responsibilities does not constitute the entire list and the list can be changed when necessary at the discretion of management when business needs arise, customer demands and other industry or job-related circumstances arise
- Minimum 2+ years of Inside Sales & Job Scheduling experience in an industrial service type environment – preferably in Instrumentation & Measurement Products
- In the absence of a specific instrumentation and/or measurement background, experience with other industrial instrumentation/equipment and services sold into the oil & gas industries will be considered
- A BS in a Technical Discipline is preferred
- A Technical Certification/Degree in an appropriate discipline from a Vo-Tech organization will be considered
How to Apply:
Apply at www.johnhcarter.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 05, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time