Information Systems Engineer / Database Admin
This is an exciting Information Systems Engineer opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment supporting multiple client projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often new and complicated technical concepts and will work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, CM) and functional teams to provide engineering and architectural support for state and local government clients leveraging CGI’s Advantage® ERP product suite in a hosted/cloud environment.
Responsibilities include the installation and configuration of various proprietary, commercial, and open-source application software products and support of teams providing both implementation services and steady-state operations. The candidate’s primary function will be to support the implementation of new clients or upgrades of existing clients within the CGI managed services (IaaS/SaaS) model. In addition, on an as-needed basis, the candidate will provide support to operational teams maintaining steady-state clients. This opportunity will also include providing maintenance and support of databases and VMs for developers.
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with 5+ years experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of assignments; a proven history of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has no travel requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This CGI organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all deliverables. The Advantage program is presently engaged in DevOps and internal process improvement initiatives, and the candidate will be an active agile participant in the implementation and utilization of Rancher, Containers and DevOps toolsets. The candidate will report to the Advantage Cloud - Transition Engineering team and be responsible for the following:
• Install and configure a variety of enterprise applications including CGI’s Advantage Financial and HR ERP solutions and associated products including data migration. This includes working with technical architects, application developers, infrastructure specialists, and functional teams to ensure that systems are deployed as required on a client-by-client basis.
• Understand the complete solution architecture from infrastructure, application and database tiers and contribute technical leadership, guidance, and/or recommendations with experiences in these areas.
• Serve as an escalation point for technical support issues providing detailed problem analysis across all technical tiers, verification of application installation and configuration, webserver and application server analysis to resolve system issues (e.g., user functionality, performance, etc.), trouble-shooting of data-related migration issues (e.g., ETL), etc.
• Effectively partner and work with other technical and functional teams and provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior team members.
• Provide comprehensive reviews of planned changes to existing infrastructure in order to determine the impact to hosted solutions and to minimize risk.
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiatives and the use of Containers.
• Fully document architectural information related to application, infrastructure, and database configuration in order to provide consistent and stable solutions.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements.
• Comfortable working in both UNIX/Linux and Windows Server virtualized environments.
• Significant experience with installation and configuration of Java-based enterprise applications preferably in a JBoss and/or WebSphere environment.
• Experience with data migration including data export/import, ETL execution, and SQL scripting preferably with Oracle and SQL Server. Familiarity with database creation, roles/security, tablespace creation, etc. is a plus.
• Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing containers within Rancher/Kubernetes is highly preferable.
• UNIX Shell Script design, creation, review, and troubleshooting.
• OS settings knowledge to be able to review and optimize environments.
• (Bonus/Preferred) Knowledge of SAP Business Objects installation, configuration, administration, and/or troubleshooting.
• (Bonus) Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and/or Atlassian Suite
• (Bonus) Experience working in an Azure environment
• Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Strong problem solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
• Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
Webserver and Application Server installation, configuration, analysis, etc. (preferred JBoss, WebSphere, or WebLogic) - 5+ years
Database-related experience including data export/import, ETL execution, access/security, SQL (preferred Oracle and SQL Server) - 3+ years
Linux shell scripting / Windows Apps install - 5+ years
Container configuration and management 1-3 years
Network / Server hardware / SAN related technical architecture
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
SAP Business Objects - 1-3 yrs
Any ERP Solution (e.g. Oracle Financial/HR) - 2-3 yrs
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply