@ RCS, LLC
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager reports to the Vice President. The HSE Manager must understand and be involved in all safety issues within all departments and will safeguard the organization from internal as well as external threats. The HSE manager will plan, coordinate and implement safety standards and ensure they are met and continually seek ways to improve safety standards. While managing the HSE budget, the HSE Manager will provide ongoing education and skills training to ensure all employees are competent at the job duties. This job description is a brief description of the job function. The HSE Manager is not limited to the job duties listed below and may be asked from time to time to perform other miscellaneous job duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, implements and manages strategies to prevent workplace injuries and environmental upsets.
- Coordinates HSE assurance activities through the implementation of corporate policies and procedures and HSE programs to ensure continual improvement that reduces health, safety, security and environmental risks.
- Focuses on identifying hazards, assessing and controlling risks associated with facility operations.
- Responsible in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding all areas of HSE, including injury/accident prevention, loss prevention, occupational safety and emergency management.
- Investigates workplace accidents and incidents. Ensures that policies and procedures are in place to avoid future accidents and incidents.
- Conducts internal reviews to ensure facilities are in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, laws, court decisions and internal policies.
- Inspects the facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective action or preventative measures, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Inspects facilities to identify improvement opportunities and provide assistance in reaching goals and objectives.
- Manages and coordinates site operational leaders to be visible HSE advocates in areas of responsibility.
- Tracks effectiveness of RCS’s safety and environmental programs and adjusts appropriately.
- Assists in site management of Worker Compensation Claims.
- Develops, implements and monitors new employee assignments and training.
- Responsible for ISN Networld and PEC Premier Maintenance and compliance.
- OSHA Reporting and Recordkeeping (Quarterly & Yearly).
- Risk Management- Coordinate with brokers and legal attorney on MSAs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Must have good verbal, communication and writing skills.
- Must type 30+ words per minute.
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills including conflict resolution, team building and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Detail-oriented to maintain the Policies and other controlled documents.
- Work well in teams to coordinate various special projects.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including OSHA, SARA, USCG, etc. Ability to effectively present information, communicate with, and respond to questions and complaints from co-workers, management, and customers.
- Workers Compensation experience mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least ten (10) years of work experience in the HSE discipline or related field required. Need a strong focus and knowledge of HSE principles with the ability to accurately apply and use HSE concepts.
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://rcsllc.applytojob.com/apply/cgHih1XMUM/HSE-Manager
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Houma, LA
Date Posted: June 02, 2021
Application Deadline: July 05, 2021