@ The Wright Group
Full Job Description
The Human Resources /Safety Assistant provides administrative support to assist with the day-to-day operations of the human resources/safety and production department. The position carries out responsibilities in departmental development, employee relations, training and employee development, and company benefits, new hire orientation, safety meeting
- Provides administrative and office support to the Human Resources Manager and General Manager
- Compiles and updates employee records
· Responds to all employee requests regarding human resources issues
- Assists management in the recruiting, interview, and selection process
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation
- Coordinates pre-employment physical/drug-screening for new hires
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation and employee status changes (promotions, transfers, and terminations)
- Coordinates training to ensure that all employees are up to date with required training for their position
- Distributes bi-monthly paychecks to all employees, while ensuring each paycheck is accounted for on the check release form
- Processes documentation relating to personnel activities (staffing, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc)
- Administers the Employee of the Month program: Records all nominations and coordinates a selection committee meeting each month. Orders the name plate for the Employee of the Month plaque displayed in the front office and picks up in a timely manner. Presents the award at the facility’s monthly communication meeting.
- Responds to all employee verification requests by forwarding the appropriate documentation to the payroll coordinator for review and completion
- Assists in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, extended leaves, etc) and bi weekly time sheet processing
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Understands and administers company benefits such as life, health, dental, vision, and disability insurances
- Oversees all open enrollment activities/presentations; ensures that all employees review and understand the paperwork needed for benefit enrollment/changes
- Presents employee separation documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Fosters a positive attitude toward company goals.
Duties and Day-to-Day Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Resolves employee issues on a day to day basis
- Tracks absenteeism in an organized manner
- Answers any HR related telephone calls
- Assists manager and other departments with special projects/appointments
To perform the job successfully, the individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Office, laboratory, and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage a fast paced operation that can run 24/7 and that includes a dedicated group of quality minded professionals.
Must have excellent attendance, pass a background check and drug screen
Job Type: Full-time
Hours 7:30-5:00 pm daily, some overtime and weekends may be required
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Salary Range: 45-55K
Minimum Training, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent educational training; or three to five years related experience and/or training
- Previous HR Experience
Excellent Administrative Skills
- Previous Onboaring/off boarding skills
Human resources: 3 years (Required)
How to Apply:
Send resume to Tammy.Leger@wenrich.com