@ Lafayette Council on Aging
The Lafayette Council on Aging is hiring part-time Homemakers.
Responsible for assisting senior clientele of Lafayette Parish in order to maintain a clean and safe living environment which will aid in a more independent lifestyle and a better quality of life.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to travel time from the home of one client to another, the Homemaker Aide will provide weekly service at a minimum of forty-five minutes (45) per client. The Homemaker Aide will perform three(3) or more of the following duties in the allotted timeframe:
- Wash dishes
- Change bed linens
- Sweep and/or mop floors (floors will be damp-mopped only)
- Dust furniture and shelves
- Clean bathroom (s)
- Wash and/or dry laundry (for the assigned client only)
- Shake excess dust from throw rugs
- Clean out refrigerator (when this duty is performed, no other duties will be added, due to the length of time required to remove everything from the refrigerator so that it can be cleaned; the freezer will not be defrosted during this time)
Due to time constraints and certain liabilities, the Homemaker Aide WILL NOT perform the following duties:
- Give medication
- Clean base boards
- Clean out cabinets or closets
- Move furniture for any reason
- Shampoo carpets
: The Homemaker Aide will not clean up any area of the home used exclusevly by other family members.
In addition, the Homemaker Aide is responsible to:
- Collects participant contributions weekly.
- Contributions will be collected from the Director of Programs and Personnel after funds have been counted and verified with the Homemaker Aide.
- Assists with daily site tote sheets and individual profiles on a daily basis. On the 16th day and on the 1st by noon of each month homemaker will submit all daily tote sheets and individual profiles to the Director of Programs and Personnel.
- Maintains good work and public relations-this includes demonstrating friendliness, warmth, and cooperation to participants, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Case Management Coordinator, Manager of Programs & Personnel, and/or Executive Director.
Salary Range: $7.25 per hour w/expected wage increases (dependent upon annual performance review)
- Emotional Maturity
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus (Genuine interest in, and concern for, older adults)
- Good writing skills
Preferred Education and Experience
1. High school diploma.
2. General Education Diploma (GED).
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at the Lafayette Council on Aging.
Lafayette Council on Aging
160 Industrial Parkway
Lafayette LA 70508
contact person: Monica Smith
Location: Lafayette area
Date Posted: March 23, 2021
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021