Plan, plant, and maintain Vermilionville’s agricultural spaces/demonstrations.
Provide interpretation material in an interesting manner to guests from a variety of backgrounds and ages. Material presented must be age appropriate.
Research when additional information is needed for appropriate interpretation or plantings or techniques.
Care for and sometime interpret the village livestock.
Assist the Managing Director in village projects as needed.
Help the Managing Director in preparation of Vermilionville’s special event days.
Work with the Managing Director in developing long-term seed banking and native plant programming.
Participate in tasks outside of regular scope during special event days.
Attend staff meetings and training sessions as needed.
Follow all policies and procedures in personnel manual.
Meet other needs as directed by the Managing Director
Salary Range: $32K - $37k
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Crisis management abilities.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds above the head.
- Must have excellent customer interaction skills.
- Must be able to work outside in the various weather conditions of South Louisiana while wearing historical costuming.
- Ability to drive a boat in a plus.
- Ability to speak French is a plus.
- Experience with livestock is a plus.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email Brady McKellar - Managing Director Vermillionville Living history Museum
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 08, 2022
Application Deadline: October 10, 2022
Job Type: Full-time