- CGI is looking for an expertise Hadoop Administrator Professional who understands Big Data infrastructure, able to offer best and cost-effective solutions and implement the solutions delivering quick, effective, un-monitored and automated results.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- This position is a highly skilled role, responsible for administration and maintenance of Hadoop production and non-production databases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 7 years or more of experience as an Hadoop Administrator
- Good exposure and architectural knowledge of Hadoop eco system services like Hbase, Hive, Spark, Zookepeer, impala, YARN
- Expertise in setting up HA for HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper
- Experience in Cluster performance tuning
- Experience in Hive and spark query tuning
- Experience with database replication and scaling
- Experience application troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule
- Automation experience using scripting languages (Shell, Ansible, Python etc.)
- Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments. Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation
- Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
- Extremely strong Unix/Linux skills
- Very good communication and work management
- Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
- Must possess good analytics and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid Technical and problem-solving skills
- Educational Expectations: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated history of strong communication and collaboration abilities in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge of systems development life cycle, particularly in contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, traceability & verification.
- Hadoop Hive
- Shell Script
- Big Data
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: October 31, 2022
Application Deadline: January 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time