Gemstones Product Manager
- Under the supervision of the Gemstones Director, this individual will assist in the development and implementation of approved product programs for the assigned gemstone product lines. Assist in the management of products, pricing, promotion, packaging, displays, marketing programs and trend direction for the assigned product lines within gemstones. Assist in the management of initial aspects of product, pricing, and promotion to maximize profitability. Assist the Director in developing the overall sales and profits plan of the designated gemstones lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommending, developing, and implementing the approved annual marketing plans and product promotions to launch successful new products in assigned product categories, maximizing sales and profits.
- Extract and translate raw data into meaningful information; prepare and present gathered information for decision making.
- Assist with marketing planning, trade show and events preparation, including visual merchandising and preparing and packing product and supplies.
- Assist Marketing to support the production of new catalogs and promotional brochures, including layout recommendations. Assist in writing copy for all marketing publications.
- Coordinates with Marketing Services for ensuring time and action calendar for sales promotion plans.
- Suggesting essential tools to analyze the business and maximize the profitability of each assigned category.
- Collaborate with other departments within Stuller; advocating for gemstones and partnerships.
- Identifying and developing emerging trends and new product concepts, enabling the creation of product lines to fit selected target market niches.
- Analyzing market conditions and forecasting trends to develop new product offerings. Color trend forecasting.
- Monitoring domestic and international trade magazines and websites.
- Monitoring the marketplace for competitive product information, especially pricing, recommending and instituting changes accordingly.
- Reviewing and reporting on purchase data and product category performance against KPI’s.
- Assist with managing website and social media content.
- Collaborate and assist in product initiatives and sale efforts.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Participation in customer facing events, as assigned.
Skills (minimum requirements):
- Proficiency in MS Office particularly MS Excel.
- Detail oriented, organized, accurate and able to handle vast amount of data projects.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Diamond and Gemstone knowledge and/or GIA certification preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate in multiple channels.
Qualities (nice to haves):
- Gemstones knowledge or experience not necessary but a willingness to learn is essential; interest in or appreciation of gemstones is ideal.
- You enjoy solving problems, you like taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions, you don’t get frustrated easily and if you don’t know the answer you dig until you find it.
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you learn quickly; when things change you can comfortably wear your poker face until its back to normal.
- You can communicate clearly; you are comfortable communicating in person, on the phone and in writing.
- You can collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- You have the people skills required to work with designers, developers, project managers, creatives, data gurus and everything in-between; you can adapt your message quickly based on your audience.
- You have an ability to handle vast amounts of data projects.
- You have a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them; advocate for trial and error and ask questions.
- Ability to access information using automated systems (e.g. Windows based computer, ORACLE, and MicroStrategy) without getting intimidated.
- Appreciation for light and color.
- Preferred 5+ years in gemstone or jewelry related field OR
- 7+ years as a merchant for another industry.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.stuller.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: October 26, 2022
Application Deadline: December 28, 2022
Job Type: Full-time