Fullstack Python Engineer
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of application solutions using python.
- Serve as senior python resource in development team’s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure efficient application build solutions are implemented.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's usecases with highly efficient and reliable application considering the changing infrastructure and technology.
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations.
- Extensively build and modify python applications and processes to migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 8 years of Python development experience
- Experience in developing full stack python applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed
- Extensively experienced with python technologies like:
- Python Data Manipulation packages Pandas, Numpy, Impyla, Marshmallow, Alembic, SQLAlchemy, psycopg2-binary and PySpark.
- Web Development packages Django, Flask, Flask-Migrate, Flask-RESTPlus, Flask-SQLAlchemy, Requests, Gunicorn, web2py and PyJWT.
- Python Messaging Queue Packages Celery, Redis and Flower.
- Python Storage Packages Boto, Boto3 and s3.
- GUI Development packages PyGObject and PyQt.
- System Administration packages Ansible and OpenStack.
- Package managers and Python distributions: Anaconda, pip
- Python Testing Frameworks: PyTest, Unittest and Nose
- Python Code quality check packages Pylint, Bandit, Pep8 and Flake8
- Python Grammer checker Antlr
- Experience with one or more sql databases and must have experience working with large data sets
- RDS Aurora
- Experience in deployment platforms
- Jenkins (CloudBees)
- Please Build
- Helm Charts
- Experience with Linux systems (bash)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with TDD & BDD
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with AWS is must. The candidate must have at least thorough understanding of aws.
NICE TO HAVE
- Prior Healthcare Industry experience
- AWS Certification
- Object-oriented languages: C, C++, Java or any other OO compiled language
- Big data experience with Hive, Impala, Scala & Kafka
- Scripting languages: Java Script & Type Script.
- Web development frameworks: Angular, React, Node.js, Django and Flask etc.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 07, 2022
Application Deadline: September 08, 2022
Job Type: Full-time