Forklift & Equipment Mechanic
@ Workstrings International
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as Forklifts, Golf Carts and other equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the preventative maintenance of all equipment and repairs as necessary.
- Maintains shop and work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner
- Provides the maintenance and general upkeep of Forklift and other related equipment as directed
- Provides the maintenance and routine upkeep of trucks and other related equipment
- Completes paperwork associated with equipment maintenance and/or work performed
- Requests the procurement of tools, parts and equipment
- Troubleshoots equipment and determines necessary repairs
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Assists welder and supervisor with other maintenance activities when needed
- Knows, understands and implements HSEQ and Quality Policies
- Enforces compliance with all requirements of the HSEQ and Quality Systems & Procedures Manuals
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND BEHAVIORAL ABILITIES
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, electrical systems, diesel engines and small engines.
- Skills in proper and safe use of mechanical tools.
- Advanced coordination of multiple work requests.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and equipment breakdowns.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence such as JSA.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as defined by the company.
- Ability to use and apply simple mathematical skills.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, resolve problems, and manage time.
- Conduct self in professional manner at all times.
- Ability to stay alert, make safe decisions, use proper judgment, and maintain awareness of surroundings, for example, work performed by others.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and individually.
- General verbal and written communication skills (English).
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://superiorenergy.com/Careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Broussard, LA
Date Posted: April 06, 2023
Application Deadline: June 08, 2023
Job Type: Full-time