@ Global Data Systems
A Technician works with direct supervision and guidance from a Lead Technician. Duties include installing, testing and troubleshooting telecommunication connectivity systems. Individuals classified as Technicians are typically those that are new to the telecommunications installation field or have less skills and experience than a Lead Technician. Individuals in this classification typically hold no certifications but are willing and able to accept direction, guidance and critique from individuals in advanced classifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Help load and unload daily supplies and equipment on to and off of company vehicles.
- Possess the desire and ability to work with hand tools and perform a wide variety of “hands-on tasks” related to the installation of connectivity components.
- Knowledgeable on the proper use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to act in a professional and courteous manner on all matters involving the customer.
- Ability to properly install both copper and fiber optic cable under supervision.
- Ability to properly terminate copper cable (Cat5e, Cat6, etc.) under supervision.
- Ability to properly create and install labels under supervision.
- Ability to perform all component and system testing under supervision.
- Use proper care on all company assets to avoid breakage, misuse, theft, etc.
- Complete and submit basic paperwork (timecards, material forms, etc.) according to company policies and procedures.
- Attend classes and training sessions, as requested by GDS management, to obtain and maintain vendor certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Break Fix Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions apply only to the employee who fall under the Break Fix department.
- Set up systems in remote locations on land and offshore
- Promote additional sales and strengthen customer relationships while on site
- Comply with all safety requirements and maintain up to date safety certifications as necessary to preform work in the oil and gas industry on and offshore
- Configure wireless and wired networks
- Must be available on-call twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, many times at very short notice, except for periods designated by the Operations Manager
- Disassembles equipment, inspects, and tests wiring to locate and repair problem
- Tests a variety of electronic equipment such as VSAT and CCTV equipment with electronic tools/meters
- Performing other duties as assigned
Additional Benefits: Along with getting to work for a great team, GDS also offers the following benefits.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Competitive Compensation
- Other Related Benefits
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to complete the tasks assigned in a timely manner and maintain a clean, neat, professional appearance, wearing the company uniform during all project related duties unless specifically directed otherwise by a superior.
- Must maintain a current and clear driver’s license and be capable of driving a company truck as needed. BICSI certifications are a plus.
- Will travel up to 50% of time for out of town work and may be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time based on project needs.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://www.getgds.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: August 27, 2021
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021