Facility Apprentice 2
The Facility Apprentice services the building and its components such as air compressors, trash compactors, forklifts, etc. Also, may repair floor tile, ceiling tile, wallpaper, and carpet. Assists in repairing and maintaining mechanical, electrical & hydraulic components of production machines and equipment. May work alone or as a member of a crew under general supervision, journey level worker, or supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability and knowledge necessary to safely and expeditiously perform maintenance duties of moderate complexity in at least one trade area
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Collect & discard worn machine parts & attachments, according to production specifications
- Lay brick to repair and maintain buildings, walls, arches and other structures.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in cafeterias, laundries, hospitals, stores, offices, and factories.
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures
- Records repairs & maintenance performed
- Replaces or repairs metal, wood, leather, glass, or other lining in machine or equipment compartments or containers
- Repair, replace, adjust, & align components of machinery & equipment
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment & other material between work areas
Work Hours: 7:30am- 4:00pm
- Building and construction - knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Mechanical - knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Chemistry - knowledge of some danger signs, disposal methods, and handling.
- Engineering and technology - knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Reading comprehension - understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Integrity in business practices and when working with others
- Hunger for continuous improvement personally and professionally
- 6 Months experience as Helper or equivalent experience.
- Needs to be certified on forklift
- High school diploma or equivalent
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.stuller.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 21, 2021
Application Deadline: June 21, 2021