- Works closely with the News Director and news team to produce high-quality, relevant, local content that sets the station apart from competitors.
- Leads with a culture that owns enterprise reporting and breaking news across all content platforms.
- Oversees and critiques newscasts daily to correct errors, improve coverage, and provide mentoring feedback to news staff.
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
- Works with other senior station leaders to establish and reach station goals.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating news staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A valid driver’s license is a requirement
- High school graduate with a college degree preferred. Experience in broadcast journalism and news producing is required. Minimum 3 years of news producing experience. Good working knowledge of video and audio equipment necessary. Journalistic integrity is a must.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please visit the below link to apply for the position.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 03, 2021
Application Deadline: July 05, 2021