ERP Applications Engineer
- For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of the team’s workload; a proven history of driving teams to meet target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams.
- This position has minimal travel requirements, potentially a few times a year for team meetings/training or for direct client support.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Candidate will be the Sr. ERP Applications Engineer for the Advantage Cloud Delivery and Cloud Services (ACDCS) working in UNIX/LINUX environments, Candidate will provide day-to-day production support for assigned clients working on operations activities, including problem resolution, cycle support, and configuration management related to the assigned operations.
- Candidate must pay close attention to detail and the surrounding implications of all actions, be able to multi-task, and be independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in a non-traditional work environment.
- Candidate will be a member of a 24/7 production operations support group that runs cycles for multiple clients on a nightly, weekly, and monthly basis. Candidate must be able to participate in the team’s rotating on-call and maintenance responsibilities including potential nights, weekends, or holiday support hours.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Experience with UNIX SQL Server and programing languages (Perl, Visual Basic, Cobol, R, Python, etc.) will be preferred with UNIX, MS SQL and scripting (C shell, K shell, bash, etc.); LINUX, .
- Knowledge of SFTP/FTP/HTTPS/HTTP and standard network concepts.
- A practical problem solver, strategic thinker and seek advice when needed.
- Understand importance of adhering to contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Strong interpersonal skills working across multiple teams and building trusted client relationships.
- Take pride in your work and able to communicate technical issues, verbally and written, effectively to both technical and non-technical team members and/or clients.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear, effective communication regarding technical issues and impact to client business.
- Have great time management and the ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision.
- Able to collaborate effectively with globally dispersed teams.
- Flexibility to work with clients and support teams across time zones.
- Experience overseeing teams and client facing roles
- Experience with Office Suite including Project and Visio
- Exposure to Kubernetes/Rancher,
- Exposure to JBOSS/WebSphere.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence and Office Suite.
- Familiarity of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Knowledge of related software and other automated job scheduling tools such as: AutoSys, Job Scheduler, C etc.
- Infrastructure or operations experience in a UNIX/LINUX/Wintel environment
- Familiarity with a multi-tiered architecture and network connectivity
- Familiarity with hosting platforms such as WebSphere and JBoss
- Familiarity with PMP and agile methodologies
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Job Type: Full-time