EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SUPERVISOR
@ LAFAYETTE CONSOLIDATED GOVERNMENT
- Informs managers and supervisors of procedures such as performance evaluations, grievance procedures, leave policies, investigation and disciplinary procedures, drug and alcohol testing, coordinates and instructs in their application.
- Conducts investigations, reviews employee history, schedules and conducts pre-disciplinary hearings, recommends disciplinary action, gives evidence and testimony at Civil Service appeals.
- Counsels employees, represents Lafayette City Parish Government in employee relations matters and unemployment claims.
- Assures leave practices comply with federal and state statutes and local civil service rules.
- Interprets policies administered by the Human Resources office, communicates interpretations to managers, recommends revisions as necessary.
- Supervises and participates in HR part of new employee orientation, non-contractual labor relations, employee relations except compensation and benefits.
Performs analyses necessary to determine Fair Labor Standards Act status of positions and employees, to assure Family and Medical Leave Act provisions are properly followed, as well as compliance with other state or federal labor law as applicable.
- Conducts training for managers, supervisors and employees in HR related matters as required.
- Monitors employee leaves of absence, identifies compliance problems regarding LCG policies, Civil Service Rules, state and federal law, informs managers and recommends action to Administration. Performs related work as required.
Salary Range: $25.40-$31.75/Hour/DOE
Completed College in Behavioral Sciences supplemented by professional certifications in human resources and professional experience in Human Resources administration in a utility and / or public employment environment.
How to Apply:
Visit Site to Apply
- Applications may ONLY be downloaded by following the link, https://lafayettela.gov/civil-service/careers.
- Please complete the application online and print it; if you do not have available internet access or the ability to print the application, you may visit any branch of the Lafayette Public Library System to use the public computers.
- For additional information, please call (337) 291-8330.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: October 11, 2021
Application Deadline: November 11, 2021