Embedded Software Engineer (GNC)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Large, enthusiastic and growing engineering team looking for five Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) software engineers.
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of embedded engineering with a strong preference to space or other GNC experience.
- This candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Has prior hands-on experience with enterprise software development, pipeline and devops, integration and implementation
- Leads product definition and prioritization by working with stakeholders, developers, and internal/external customers
- Understands orbital mechanics, coordinate transformation, and direction cosine matrix.
- Has experience with GNC fault detection, isolation, and recovery (FDIR)
- Has advanced experience with embedded C++ or ADA 95 on multi-core processor
- Has ability to read flows, understand control laws, able to convert matlab code to C++ orADA.
- Has experience with Matlab
- Is experienced with test automation
- Engages with other team members to instill agile values, principles and practices
- Has strong team communication and leadership potential.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Past experience as a software engineer with embedded C++ or ADA 95
- GNC: ability to read flows, understand control laws, able to convert matlab code to C++ or ADA Test automation, CI/CD, DevOps
- Facilitation skills: Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements definition and be a liaison between the agile team and the train, developers and other stakeholders
- Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities
- Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams
- Team skills: Works well with others; delivers positive energy to their team
- Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- US Citizenship
- Comply with Covid-19 vaccination requirements.
Nice to have skills / background includes:
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA System on a chip (Soc)
- DoD or NASA background
- CMMI Level 3 knowledge
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 22, 2022
Application Deadline: May 23, 2022
Job Type: Full-time