Electric Meter Supervisor
@ Lafayette Consolidated Government
- Supervises and trains skilled technicians who perform work in electric metering, power quality monitoring, and power line interference.
- Position prepares training materials, conducts training programs, researches equipment, writes technical specifications, and keeps abreast of changes in the equipment, software, and practices of a municipal utilities system pertaining to electric meters.
- Maintains and oversees the Automated Metering Infrastructure.
- Prepares and interprets reports showing load calculations, power quality monitoring results, usage, and generator and transformer sizing to customers, engineers, electricians, and consulting firms.
- Writes equipment specifications and issues purchase requisitions.
- Purchases and maintains warehouse inventory of electric meters, repeaters, gatekeepers and all associated equipment.
Salary Range: $33.43-$41.79/DOE
- College level coursework in industrial electricity supplemented by extensive experience in high voltage electric distribution, industrial, commercial, and residential metering, power quality monitoring, and power line interference is desired; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in positions of higher responsibility
- TYPE OF EXAMINATION - Examination will be a written test.
- DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: FIRST 30 RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2022 NOON!!
How to Apply:
Visit LCG website; online submissions not available; https://lafayettela.gov/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 05, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time