- If you are eager to coach associates and conduct trainings on workplace safety, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as a Workplace Health and Safety Specialist (WHSS)!
- Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level WHSS to learn to become exceptional safety leaders.
- This is not a corporate position.
- This is a full-time position located within one of our Amazon fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations or other operations buildings within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
- Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as a workplace health and safety specialist.
- As a WHSS, you will have an opportunity to promote a positive safety culture while complying with Amazon safety standards on the operations floor.
- The WHSS coordinates and implements all aspects of Amazon’s Global Safety Program within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
What is fulfillment you may ask?
- Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
- Our Operation’s workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door.
- Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Key job responsibilities:
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through conducting daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation processes
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
- Enter Safety Incident Information in internal database in a timely manner
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
- Train and assist others (lead safety school, train area managers and safety team members, etc.) to complete their safety tasks (audits, follow safety rules, etc.)
- Perform specific safety training as required by the Safety Manager
- May have additional oversight for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location
A day in the life:
- As a WHSS, you will maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams.
- You will also conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions for associates.
- In addition, the WHSS leads recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics, in Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- A minimum of 1 year in an environmental Health & Safety (EHS) related field [b]OR;[/b] A Bachelor’s degree in EHS-relevant background [b]OR;[/b] 6 months experience performing in a safety-related role within Amazon
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity
- Experience maintaining confidentiality in matter involving security and/or personnel issues in the workplace
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
- Experience leading and managing a team ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Experience in emergency response and currently holds First Aid and CPR certificates
- Experience in workers compensation case management
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.amazon.jobs/en
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Carencro, LA
Date Posted: November 16, 2023
Application Deadline: December 18, 2023
Job Type: Full-time