Dispatch Team Lead
- At Waitr we have three customers: Diners, Restaurants, and Drivers. This team owns all strategy behind the Dispatch experience.
- This role will report to the Senior Manager of Dispatch at Waitr and the individual will help manage the Dispatch experience, including the order flow from the time that the restaurant accepts an order to the completion of delivery.
- Dispatch Team Lead experience encapsulates the recruitment, hiring, training, and retention of our Dispatch agents, as well as the processes that the team uses to provide quick and efficient dispatching of orders and problem resolution.
- The Dispatch Team Lead will set the tone for identifying and coaching.
- Previous experience with large, hourly workforces is a positive for this role.
- Strong analytical abilities, team management, and a history of execution will be critical to succeeding.
- The success of this person will be measured by the performance of their direct reports and operations management ability.
- Employee Development & Leadership- Continuous employee development and exceptional leadership enhances employee engagement, knowledge, skills, and morale, ultimately leading to excellent customer service. The Team Leads lead and develop Dispatcher agents by setting clear performance expectations and holding Agents accountable. In addition, he/she identifies and provides feedback to direct reports through one-on-one meetings, personal development plans, and coaching opportunities.
- Quality Management - Structures for performance management are enforced. The Dispatch Team Lead keeps track of Dispatch performance metrics uses performance data feedback gathered to identify trends, guiding process improvement. The Team Lead also leverages this information to provide appropriate coaching to Dispatch Agents.
- Dispatch Care - The Team Lead coaches new Dispatch agents to produce high-quality dispatching for all orders and maintains existing processes to ensure that all orders are being assigned as efficiently and effectively as possible while continuously striving to build up morale within the department.
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated Leadership experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in Operations Management, Strategy Consulting, or program with similar quantitative rigor.
- Prior management experience in a Dispatch or Call Center environment.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- # of direct reports: 10-15
- Standard office work, including the need to stand for extended periods of time while presenting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment.
- Logistical: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of efficiency.
- Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
- Team Player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude.
- Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
- Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://waitrapp.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: July 21, 2022
Job Type: Full-time